TOP TEN REASONS WHY WHITE HOUSE STAFF LIKE THE INTERNET
This list provided by Tom Kalil, the David Letterman of the
Clinton/Gore administration. Kalil gave the closing keynote at INET'94/JENC5
in Prague on Friday, June 17, and included this list in his talk about
NII efforts in the United States.
- Surfing the Web is more fun than going to meetings.
- Even reading old RFCs is more fun than going to meetings.
- On the Internet, no one knows you're a bureaucrat.
- It's how we get our daily marching orders from Vint Cerf,
Tony Rutkowski, and Dave Farber.
- It's hard to write your X.400 address on a cocktail napkin.
- We get all that great electronic fan mail on the Clipper Chip.
- We have access to the Top Secret Air Force server with cool gifs
of UFOs and little green men.
- We're still hoping to get on Carl Malamud's "Geek of the Week."
- We love getting flamed by rabid libertarians on "com-priv."
- We can send e-mail FROM firstname.lastname@example.org.